A very special day...
  • GavinGavin
    According to Facebook, today is Jeffrey Tucker's birthday! What chant would be appropriate to this occasion?
  • Pes
    Obviously, the Introit proper for In Nativitate Jeffrey Tuckerii.

From your chant buddies

PDF
  • That is brilliant...
  • Pes
    Well, "Jubilate Deo" and all that. Thanks for the help in posting, Aris! And Jeffrey, this is for celebrations both in the ordinary and extraordinary form.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    I think that piece is in copyright violation. Let us see if Jeffrey sues.
  • Thank you so much (blush!). It really is brilliant. Maybe I can copyright it, make an octavo edition, charge people for singing it, impose complicated expensive schemes on anyone who wants to print it, threaten bloggers who want to use the text and set it to polyphonic versions, and then maybe prevail upon a committee somewhere to declare this to be the Official Authoritative Version so that people MUST sing it and no one may sing or print anything like it lest they cough up the big bucks.

All proceeds to the CMAA!
    Thanked by 1barreltone
  • Pes
    "Jeffrey" isn't inclusive enough. This is outrageous! Someone alert ICEL!
  • mjballoumjballou
    Jeffrey - Don't forget to prohibit its broadcast on any medium known to God or man.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Jeffrey, do all that, then sell the copyright to two other private entities and see what happens
  • For some odd reason I'm hearing "and many more" pitched "re mi re fa" instead of what's written...
  • Oh you are right: no one may take a picture of it and put it in a video either, without filling out a zillion forms and paying lots of money.
  • G
    Should we all be wearing bow ties in his honour?

(Save the Liturgy, Save the World)
  • So glad I'm in time to say- Happy Birthday, Jeffrey! Ad multos annos!
    Love your plans to corner the market, BTW. I fully expect to hear about this new version being all the rage at the LA Religious Congress. Bongo accompaniment, anyone? hee hee
  • MaryAnn, no one calls that rodeo the "LA REC." It's always been, an' gonna be the "Anaheim CCD."
    BTW, you haven't chimed in regarding me coming to USD in January. Are you afraid? Be very afraid. ;-)
  • VickiW
    Happy Birthday, Jeffrey! I hope it's been a great day for you.
  • VickiW
    And you can't even TELL anyone about it, because that's making a mental image, without asking permission, filling out a quadrillion forms, and paying a whopping fee.

Seriously, I think this is such a neat idea for a birthday card. You go, Pes.
  • chonakchonak
    By the way, Pes, the popular song, "Happy Birthday To You", is still under copyright; Summy-Birchard Music, part of AOL Time Warner, is the rights holder.
  • aldrich
    Can't Jeffrey be rendered in its Latin equivalent of Godofredus? So it would be: In Nativitate Godofredi Tuckerii. Just musing.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    [bump] ... and Happy Birthday, Jeffrey!!
    Thanked by 1Kathy