American Gradual: Unrevised propers for 21st through 25th Sundays of Ordinary Time
  • Because I have fallen behind in my revision of THE AMERICAN GRADUAL, I am posting here the unrevised propers for the 21st through the 25th Sundays of Ordinary Time.

These are extracted without alteration from the First editions (2001) and will eventually be revised.

I hope that they will meet the immediate needs of users.
  • Thanks for this.

Have your previously released revised versions differed greatly from the 2001 First Edition? I was asked recently by a friend who purchased the bound first edition, and I wasn't sure what to tell her.

Best,
    Rebecca
  • I have made changes--some minor, some significant.

If your friend wants to gauge their importance, she should compare the 2001 versions of the chants currently online with the online versions.
  • Thanks again, Bruce, for the update.
    I will purchase the hardbound ASAP.
  • or maybe wait until the new edition is out? As soon as he finishes, we'll make this possible.
  • Mark M.Mark M.
    Thanks so much, Bruce!

Question: Do you have English settings of the Gloria Patri (in all eight tones) to correspond with the Introits? I don't think I saw any in the current second-revision-in-progress, nor in the installment you've offered above.
  • I included the Gloria Patri settings in the first edition, but I wrote them in conventional chant notation so that they could be sung with introits and communions notated in different keys. If I can find the file, I'll post them here.

Our music director often sings the Gloria Patri himself because the cantors are unable to read the chant notation correctly. (They change keys.) I may have to devise a better plan for the next edition.
  • The Gloria Patri settings are attached.
  • mjballoumjballou
    Bruce,
    Your efforts are so wonderful - and we can't thank you enough for all of this.

Did you do the propers for the Requiem Mass? (See, someone always wants something more....)
  • Bruce

Any chance you could post the Gloria Patri is pdf format. for some reason, the word version just can't be read.

Many thanks
    Glorificamus
  • In case anyone is wondering, the Requiem propers are in volumne 2 of the American Gradual.