Sacred Miscellany Blog is Back!
  • mjballoumjballou
    Some of you may remember a blog I ran years ago called "Sacred Miscellany." Well, it's back with a twist. It's all about a cappella sacred music - and that means everyone's music - Gregorian chant, Renaissance polyphony, Eastern Orthodox chant, new composers, shape note - anything that meets my very broad criteria and appeals to my equally broad aesthetic.

Why so broad? We mostly know our own music, whatever that may be. This blog is for exploring. It's a big musical world out there. Maybe it will be something you already know; maybe, something unexpected. Come and visit any old time. I'll try to post at least 2-3 times weekly. Sacred Miscellany

And lest you forget, it's time to register for the 2018 Summer Colloquium at Loyola University Chicago. Great music, great learning, and a great time with wonderful people (myself included, of course).

Mary Jane
  • Kathy
    Yay!
  • chonakchonak
    Well, here's something nice to know about: an Orthodox music project that's sort of similar to CMAA.

Maybe it can inspire some ideas for our work:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwZ_foE57cc&feature=share
    Thanked by 1Carol
  • matthewjmatthewj
    Meloche has officially joined the comment section and will be bringing his Melocheness to the blog.
  • StimsonInRehabStimsonInRehab
    Yay! Cat (short for Catholic) Ballou is back!!!