After 18 years of forum fanatics…
  • francis
    It’s been great to have you as my friends and colleagues. Just thought I would let you know.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    It's only a dozen years for me, but my sentiments are the same. Friends and colleagues here are great.
  • TCJ
    I think I registered in 2008, so it's been 15 years of shenanigans here.
  • ServiamScores
    I am so terribly grateful for this forum. I cannot even begin to recount how much I have learned from all of you and your collected wisdom. It's the degree in liturgy / music / theology that I never got in school. I know we have our ups and downs and some threads get contentious, but I cannot resist coming back to this forum every day to see what else I can learn. Thanks, all!
  • Carol
    I am not a professionally trained musician, but a volunteer cantor for more 30 years. I have learned so much and enjoy the various characters who frequent this forum. It is true that some posts lead to "animated" discussion, but that doesn't bother me.

Thank you all for the educational, theological, and especially the humorous threads over the past 5 or so years.
  • CharlesW
    I've been around since 2008 and it has been fun. Learned a few things along the way, too. There are some good people here.
  • dad29
    I've been around since 2008

C'mon, man! You're a LOT older than that.

And yes, it's been fun!
  • StimsonInRehabStimsonInRehab
    I’ve been around since I care to remember.

Yeah, this place sure is - something.
    Thanked by 3francis tomjaw Carol
  • CharlesW
    No, Dad. I was stirring up trouble long before 2008.
    Thanked by 2tomjaw Carol
  • LauraKaz
    I've been lurking around on this forum (almost daily) since I was a teenager, but only made this account 2 years ago. I am constantly blown away by the level of the discussions that happen here. Even today I am content mostly to observe as they run their course. You all have greatly influenced the way I think about liturgy and music (for the better, I certainly hope).
  • DavidOLGCDavidOLGC
    As a relatively new member, I thank all of you for your comments and insights into playing music for the Church.
  • I'm coming up on three years here, having just passed my fourth anniversary of reception into the Church. Thank you, everybody, for your kind support. This forum is a most enjoyable place in which to learn.
  • bhcordovabhcordova
    @francis,
    I was so relieved to not see you state that after 18 years you were leaving!
  • mmeladirectress
    me too! So many kudos in past tense - I was getting nervous
  • francis
    Believe me, I’ve suffered much worse at the hands of my employers than I’ve ever suffered here…

However, there are a few here that I must thank, oh so much abundantly, for teaching me how to grow in patience and charity, forbearance, and long-suffering… I am sure that I have been a fly in y’alls ointment from time to time to say the least.

well, Praise the Lord, and pass me the scotch with a beer chaser and play me a Bach Fugue, will ya?
  • ServiamScores
    well, Praise the Lord, and pass me the scotch with a beer chaser and play me a Bach Fugue, will ya?
    this sounds like a phrase straight out of one of the Liturgical Mysteries novels by Mark Schweizer. (They are great, if cheesy, reads, for anyone who hasn’t read them already. For the last few years I’ve treated myself to one a summer, and one the weeks after Christmas and Easter when I decompress. They are great for a chuckle.)
  • mmeladirectress
    Liturgical Mysteries novels by Mark Schweizer

Most recent title: "The Choir DIrector Wore Out"

I think I just found my light summer reading. thanks!
  • francis
    I’m gonna have to look into this liturgical mystery saga
  • ServiamScores
    It’s Jessica Fletcher meets Anglican organist, then stuffed to the gills with music references and fantastically awful puns.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • bhcordovabhcordova
    Sounds like my kind of book!
    Thanked by 1ServiamScores
  • CharlesW
    The Liturgical Mysteries are hilarious. You would have to have some knowledge of music to fully understand the comedy. Loved the ones about Benny Hinn the scripture chicken and the one-legged substitute organist who would put her artificial leg on top of the organ console where it could be seen by all returning from communion. Too bad Mark S. is no longer with us.
    Thanked by 1ServiamScores
  • ServiamScores
    I know. He had quite the wit. (And for those who don’t know, it’s the guy who founded St. James Music Press.) he was a composer/arranger of no little merit, too. R.I.P.
    Thanked by 1CharlesW
  • lmassery
    I’ve been popping in and out of this forum for 12 years. Don’t post much, but have learned a ton.