Can you identify this Kyrie? [Solved - Messe pour St Séverin]
  • Marc Cerisier
    Greetings all. Happy Easter!

I was listening to this year's Chrism Mass from Paris, and quite like the Kyrie they sung. I've searched through as many of my French sources as I have easy access to (not in Chants Notés, not on the Taizé website, not in scores I have from Lourdes, not on the Bayard or Chantons en Eglise sites, tonal language is a bit tame to be one of Yves’...)

Before I ask my contacts in France, I just wanted to put it to the hivemind here to see if it was familiar to anyone.

A quick transcription I made is attached to assist in the identification, along with a mp3 extract of the Kyrie from the Mass. To view the entire mass, here's the link. It begins at 16:32.

Thanks,
    Marc
  • ServiamScores
    Well, I've asked in the comment sections on YT and FB in french if anyone can tell me who arranged the Kyrie or where one can find the program. We'll see if anyone responds.

I couldn't find any info on the Paris diocese's website.
  • Marc Cerisier
    I saw your comment, so I searched for the program and found it. It's from the Messe pour St Séverin by Michel Bouvard. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
  • ServiamScores
    Oh interesting. Glad you found it. If you don't mind and still have the link, I'd love to see the program.
  • ServiamScores
    Merci, Marc.

(As an aside, what an ugly worship aid... I'm amazed that in a diocese of 9 million people they couldn't get a graphic designer to do a better job than this. Oof.)
  • MatthewRoth
    French graphic design is great or it's bad, there's no in-between (and I don't really love the NDC pilgrimage materials this year… but it's still high quality IMHO). There's no comical stuff like what one sees in Italy or in southeast Asia from very pious, well-meaning people.

The wordmarks/logos would never fly in an Anglo country, not on the Catholic side. American churches might not have them to begin with.

And if that's what the cathedral and a major parish use, just imagine the junk used in poor dioceses filled with liberals.
    800 x 1122 - 249K
    Thanked by 1tomjaw