choral motet for Confirmation
  • jniven
    Looking for an E/M SAB motet for Confirmation. It could be for a prelude or for during the Liturgy. Thank you!
  • Bombarde16
    I have attached my edition of Oreste Ravanello's Veni Creator Spiritus, with an optional organum by yours truly (first time writing an "organum", so a bit of a new venture here....)

I hope this might help in any case.

Edit: I just realized the title is a misnomer... I did the organum, Ravanello did the faux bourdon/ choral parts.
  • jniven
    @Bombarde16 you wouldn't happen to have an audio of it, would you???
  • MatthewRoth
    (I am out of my depth a little bit, forgive me) but we often forget the washing of hands and the transition to whatever follows (the offertory, benediction etc.)

Ravanello also wrote an SSA setting of Confirma hoc Deus for the end of the rite, at which point the bishop washes and cleans his hands. Perhaps revoicing it is an option, but in any case, it’s a good moment for some simple music — we do the chant, but I’d happily do this motet if we had the forces.
  • Bombarde16
    I'm sorry, I do not have a recording... I just finished work on it in time to get it to my choir for our confirmation this week. If I can get a good recording, I'll post it and copy the web address here.
    Thanked by 1jniven
  • jniven
    So, a caveat. We are not really great at polyphonic pieces yet. So the Ravanello would be out of our reach. Thank you for the suggestion for sure
  • rich_enough
    You could sing the old chestnut Confirma hoc, Deus of Rheinberger. Very short, but can be complemented with the chant antiphon (see attached). It's scored for SATB, but with organ accompaniment you could have the men sing the tenor or the bass part.
  • ViolaViola
    No. 19 in The Oxford Book of Easy Flexible Anthems is a setting of Come, Holy Spirit, Creator Blest, based on the plainchant melody. Very straightforward.