Talent search - traditional Catholic young ladies of above average music ability.
  • stccpstccp
    "The Ladies of Cecilia are looking for a few good voices"

The new, Catholic, pro-life, evangelization group, “The Ladies of Cecilia”, made their first public debut on EWTN’s “Life on the Rock” show on Oct. 28. In addition to the interviews, they sang a number of songs including “I’m Priceless”, their new pro-life song.

For those who did not see the live show, they can watch it on EWTN’s YouTube channel. See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XI2Bw6lvNg The video has been very popular, receiving over 3,500 views in the first week since the show. The show was a great success with the girls receiving many compliments about their music.

“I saw this episode. they are really, really good. Also had really great comments on living in a secular world while being true to your faith-from a woman's perspective. It's a great episode. The man and woman that started this group have done a good deal for homeschooling as well.”

All the young ladies in this apostolate were home-schooled and are outstanding examples of the achievement potential of homeschooled students. They are an extremely talented group of musicians who can perform a wide variety of music styles. They plan to start performing at various Catholic and pro-life events this spring and summer.

Their goal is to set up several regional evangelization groups in different parts of the country. To do this, they are searching for traditional Catholic young women who wish to use their musical talents and knowledge of the faith to make a difference in the lives of young people. They are looking for young ladies with above average music ability in the areas of classical voice, string or wind instruments. While not a requirement, acting, music theater, choir or public speaking experience would be an additional plus. Some knowledge of Latin would also be helpful.

High school seniors, college age women or recent graduates, especially those with degrees in music, are encouraged to apply. For more information about “The Ladies of Cecilia”, please visit their website at: http://www.theladiesofcecilia.com/
  • Maureen
    I listened to the sample on YouTube, and the same EWTN sound problems as usual showed up....

It would be nice if EWTN would stop compressing the sound on so many of their musical shows, or whatever it is that they're doing to the poor music groups. Most of their native shows make harmony sound really badly out of tune, and I'm sure that's not what they're intending to air. It makes their EWTN-produced music shows nearly unlistenable.

You may now return to your scheduled talent search.