Join us for the Southeastern Sacred Music Weekend!
Friday and Saturday, July 29-30, 2022
Holy Ghost Church
Southeastern Sacred Music invites you to join us for our seventh annual workshop, to be held at Holy Ghost, Knoxville’s oldest and most traditional Catholic church.
Whether you are a singer, a choir director, an organist, or a member of the clergy, this one-and-a-half day workshop is an ideal opportunity for you to:
• learn to read and sing Gregorian chant or further develop your chant skills,
• gain the skills and tools to immediately improve your parish music program, guided by the Church’s magisterial documents,
• explore repertory options (many of them available at no cost) for Mass, no matter what your parish or choir situation,
• learn how to chant Vespers and start singing Vespers in your parish, and
• study special topics including sacred polyphony, the use of the organ, restoring our Catholic musical tradition, and more.
Participants from novice to expert will have the opportunity to join a chant group and a motet ensemble of their choice. Those new to chant are highly encouraged to attend. The workshop will begin at 12:30 p.m. on Friday and culminate with a sung Mass Saturday afternoon at 5 p.m.
Presenters and facilitators will include Father Robert C. Pasley, KCHS, rector of Mater Ecclesiae Parish in Berlin, N.J., and chaplain of the Church Music Association of America; Jonathan Eason; Janet Gorbitz; Alex Hill; Maria Rist; Bridget Scott; Ryan Seaver; and Mary Weaver.
The registration fee ($75 through May 20; $90 afterward) covers all materials as well as lunch on Saturday and coffee and snacks both days. For more information, contact Mary Weaver at 865-437-8620, or use our contact form at https://southeasternsacredmusic.com/contact/. To register and pay for the workshop, please visit our website, https://southeasternsacredmusic.com/