Since 2014, the generosity of donors to the CMAA Annual Fund has supported the Association’s most important projects, strengthened its financial foundations, and maintained CMAA’s day-to-day service. Contributions to the CMAA Annual Fund support:
Annual Fund Projects
- Our flagship national event, the SACRED MUSIC COLLOQUIUM, featuring seminars, plenary talks, orchestral liturgies, and practical training in Gregorian chant and sacred polyphony.
- CONTINUING EDUCATION programs including Chant Intensive workshops and the Winter courses. The CMAA also supports regional workshops sponsored by local groups with promotion and assistance.
- SCHOLARSHIPS for students and seminarians to attend our training seminars and the annual Colloquium. Most of the donations we receive are used to allow us to offer reduced pricing and scholarships to allow students, seminarians and those of limited means to get the training they need. We have many requests for scholarship funding every year. Because of your generosity, we have large numbers of young attendees coming to our courses every summer!
- Donations to the annual fund make it possible to develop new courses, such as our Ward I course offered for the first time in summer 2016 and Ward II offered for the first time in 2017. With your support, the CMAA can explore expanding our programs to fill the needs of Sacred Music amateurs and professionals in the U.S. and around the world.
- CMAA PUBLISHING: the production and distribution of a wide array of books useful in promoting sacred music. The CMAA is proud to make available The Parish Book of Chant, Simple Choral Gradual, Simple English Propers, Parish Book of Psalms, and Mystic Modern: The Music, Thought and Legacy of Charles Tournemire, Now I Walk in Beauty.
- ONLINE PUBLICATION of a comprehensive library of educational materials for choir directors for free use by our members and the general public. These materials include many books on chant, as well as the many CMAA publications on a wide range of topics. The CMAA has also been able to add to the public domain choral library by uploading new engravings that are produced for use at Colloquia. You can find the most recent additions here: CHORAL SCORES
- COMMISSIONS of new music to broaden the repertoire for organists and choirs. While promoting the use of the vast repertory of music that exists in the public domain for use in liturgies is a key part of our annual programs, it is also crucial to encourage the composition of new music by the talented musicians of today. The CMAA would like to become a source of funding for new music compositions.
The importance of the CMAA Annual Fund will grow each year as we strive to reach ambitious new goals. Please send your tax-deductible contribution to the CMAA Annual Fund today. With your help we will be able to strengthen the organization’s services and enhance our support of the profession in the new millennium.